Facility Controls Engineer
Office Administration Technology Instructor
Senior Accounting Manager
Manager of Recruitment
1961 Delta Rd
University Center MI, 48710
Telephone: (989) 686-9345
Fax: (989) 686-0755
Job Description – Administrative Assistant / Office Manager Salary: - $ 28 – 36K
Report To: - Sr. Pastor / CEO Status: - Full-Time / Exempt
The responsibilities of this position shall be managing and performing the Adminstrattive and Office related functions of Bethel A. M. E. Church – Saginaw. This includes and not limited to . Maintain a schedule of appointments, speaking engagements, and community functions and assist Pastor in preparing for the special events of the church such as annual conferences, district conferences, quarterly conferences, church conferences, workshops, revivals, etc. Coordinate collection and preparation of church reports. Assist in settings agenda items for various meetings. Organize and manage electronic storage filing system for official documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Preparation of correspondence: Compose letters when re-quested by the pastoral staff. Respond to individuals needing written communication. Answer phone and take messages for Pastor and other staff.
· Preparation of bulletin: Gather and type bulletin information in designated format. Copy and fold weekly bulletins.
· Maintain master calendar and up-to-date calendar of events.
· Maintain and update current hospitalized and sick member information.
· Operate, clean regularly, and recommend to the supervisor of maintenance needs for all office equipment (i.e., telephone and answering system, copier, folding machine, Computer system, typewriters, etc.).
· Maintain office files in an orderly manner and prepare filing system directions for other users.
· Maintain records of baptisms, dedications, weddings, and membership and visitor attendance.
· Maintain a current list of key holders and provide keys to personnel as needed. Collect keys when people leave.
· Maintain petty cash.
· Open, date and sort incoming mail.
· Maintain and operate adequate office supply inventory as needed.
· Supervision of volunteer office support; including recruiting, scheduling, training and work review.
· Responsible for preparation of the Annual Report if needed.
Position Requirements: Education, Experience and Skills
· Associate Degree or Certified Program or equivalent experience in Business / Administration – Preferred Minimum – Two / Three Years experience
· Effective communication skills for a diverse environment
· Ability to maintain confidentially
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Customer Service skills with excellent command of the English language, including grammar and spelling skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote)
Additional Skills (preferred)
· Skills in Office Home and Business Suite
· Business and Electronic Media Communications
The Administrative Assistant / Office Manager shall report directly to the Pastor of the Church and indirectly to the Trustee responsible for Personnel and the Trustee Board.
Bethel A.M.E. Church – Ms. Cheri Smith, O/M – 989-755-7011 – ext 100
Delta College Career Opportunities
Student & Educational Services
Full-time, Pay grade 5 (Starting Salary $42,911– $47,626: Commensurate with Education and Experience)
Position Summary Information
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide supervision and guidance to the Delta College Saginaw Center operations, office staff and student employees. The position works with the evening office professional to ensure that all activities and classes are able to operate smoothly and efficiently. The position provides support to faculty. The lead coordinator also addresses the needs of students, specifically in the area of assistance with financial aid, academic course registration, admission, testing and orientation. In addition, the position is responsible for assisting with enrollment management goals including recruiting and retention. This position works with building usage and rental requests in conjunction with business services by processing rental agreements and coordinating invoicing. Other accountabilities include maintaining technology and audio/visual equipment, providing assistance to students, faculty, staff and visitors. Position is responsible for ensuring safe entrance and exit to premises. During times of the year that classes are not scheduled at the center, this position will transition to a role in the student services division to assist with duties related to enrollment and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Provide supervision and directions to one part-time Office Assistant and one part-time Office Professional, three to four student (work study or student employment) positions.
- Provide direction (but not direct supervision) to one part-time Public Safety Officer.
- Ensure that all staff members are trained in customer service techniques, office operations and emergency first aid skills.
- Ensure payroll time entries are correct.
- Coordinate work schedules to cover Center’s operational schedule.
- Make certain classrooms are prepared for teaching and learning.
- Provide customer services to faculty, students and community visitors.
- Provide program assistance to off-campus center faculty and staff.
- Monitor enrollment services to current and prospective students.
- Monitor, administer, and assist with student testing.
- Mail and fax student information to campus financial aid and admission’s office.
- Document and ensure information is not duplicated on and off campus.
- Maintain the job board to ensure that students are aware of student employment opportunities.
- Assist students with completing online registration and financial aid information.
- Provide the following academic advising services to students:
- Serve current and prospective students; determine student needs; assist in resolving small problems; refer to academic advisors, counselors, career development specialists and others in solving larger challenges.
- Assist students in clarifying career goals, choosing academic programs and setting up individual pathways to program completion.
- Monitor student success through their pathways and intervene when students experience difficulties or challenges.
- Participate in new student orientation.
- Advise and assist students through face-to-face, online, telephone, email and small group sessions.
- Demonstrate a general working knowledge of all program clusters by providing students with information on occupational program and Transfer College and university information.
- Understand the MTA transfer agreement and benefits for Delta students.
- Refer students to academic departments and the Transfer Center regarding professional programs or unique transfer situations.
- Attend academic advising meetings and trainings.
- Coordinate with audio visual department the maintenance of equipment.
- Conduct inventory of all Delta College Saginaw Center equipment and notify A/V office of outdated and broken equipment.
- Attend and conduct training sessions of the proper use, storage and handling of A/V equipment.
- Train students and staff on troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques before reporting equipment failures.
- Monitor furniture, computers, printers and other technology and non-technical resources in building.
- Upon approval from Business Services, work with rental clients regarding their needs.
- Work with Business Services to provide rental agreements, and initiate the invoice process.
- Schedule space for special room arrangements and food service.
General Light Custodial and Building Services:
- Check building and inform the director of any maintenance, structural or mechanical problem in the facility.
- Make daily rounds to check condition of heating and cooling units, electrical outlets, blown-out light bulbs, leaky faucets and toilets, broken tiles and other facility problems.
- Label hazard situations and report them to supervisor or maintenance staff.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Position will primarily be a the downtown Saginaw Center location (before center opens it will be at current location in Buena Vista township), but at various times throughout the year, the position may be assigned other work duties at the main college campus or center.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of position related experience
- Knowledge of emergency services, computer troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge of Datatel software, placement testing and other enrollment services
- Ability to maintain close contact with Delta’s department of public safety and city liaison police officers
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to be flexible and able to anticipate problems
- Good organizational skills and a strong sense of customer service
Additional Experiences Considered
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Academic advising experience
- Supervisory experience